How do you feel about 3 and 4 year old taking class trips?

lilachievers

Asked by lilachievers at 4:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think its great! If you cant trust the teacher/shcool then your child shouldnt be going there. My dd turned 4 in December and has already gone on 2 trips. At age3- An Apple Orchard and at age 4- The Aquarium. She loved it and I know and love all of the teachers and staff at her school. (We live in a very small town....12 kids in her class). I also know all the parents that chaperone. So for us it is not an issue =)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i don't know to be sure. My dad was always attened our class trips but then again, he was police offcer and every protective. i think would want to be n attendance just because i'm too attached to my child LOL
    Jersey_class

Answer by Jersey_class at 5:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My kids preschool took them to the pumpkin patch this fall, my son is 5, but most of his class is 4 and I didn't think anything of it. I figured they would be well chaperoned with staff and parents that could go. I trust the school, and the teacher so I had no worries.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• It is okay to me.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 5:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• MY TWO BOYS ARE NOW 9 & 11 YEARS OLD. WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG (2,3,4,5,) THEY WENT ON THE CLASS TRIPS THAT MY HUSBAND FELT COMFORTABLE WITH. IT'S A GREAT BIG WORLD OUT THERE FOR ALL OF US TO EXPLORE, ESPECIALLY OUR LITTLE ONES. WE WANT TO BLESS OUR CHILDREN WITH EDUCATION, AND DECIDE FOR THEM WHAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE THEM TO. EACH CHILD IS DIFFERENT, AND SPECIAL NEEDS. iS YOUR CHILD COMFORTABLE AND SECURE ENOUGH TO GO ON OUTINGS WITH OUT YOU? ARE THE CARE GIVERS ABLE TO PROVIDE ALL OF YOUR CHILDS NEEDS ALONG WITH THE OTHER CHILDREN? HOW MANY ADULTS WILL BE ON THE TRIP AND HOW MANY KIDS WILL EACH ADULT BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR? IF YOU ARE ABLE TO GO ON AT LEAST ONE CLASS TRIP WITH YOUR CHILD I WOULD DO IT! SEE FOR YOURSELF FIRST HAND HOW YOUR CHILD AND THE ADULTS ACT AND REACT IN A NEW AND DIFFERENT SITUATIONS.
    smooched

Answer by smooched at 5:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My son started preschool this fall. They go on a trip once a month. We have been able to go on all of them except one. He loves it and I think it's a great opportunity.
    BWIND

Answer by BWIND at 5:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think 3 yr. olds are too young for field trips. Four yr. olds could go on a very short trip.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My daughter's preschool does class trips. The kids have a blast.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My son's preschool does 2 field trips, one in the fall to a farm, and one this coming week to the aquarium at the zoo. They're a blast for all the kids, and well chaperoned. If I didn't trust his teachers/preschool he wouldn't be attending said school, so I see no issue with it.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think its fine. but i always attend my kids filed trips. I just feel like no one can watch our child better thatn you. Once my kids got a little older i let them go alone without theyir father or I. Just because it made me feel better.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2011