Getting back with ex's/childs father??

Me and my ex have had a rocky past....we dated for almost 11 years all together we have a 5 year old together I am not 26, we broke up here and there but lived together for the most part. Now we each live with our own parents (he had a drug/alcohol problem would never get help till now after we broke up 6 months ago). We have been talking again and hanging out (we go out together like 2 times a week) But he will go DAYS without calling me it drives me nuts. I have talked to him about this but he always claims he is sleeping all day bc he works from 10pm till 7am. But all I want is a one min phone call and he just can't do it is that asing to much or should I just move on and keep him on the side to see if it turns into anything??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• move on! i had the same thing happen to me...by contiuning to hang out and such youre letting him know that you will always be there for him (which is good) but it seems he wont be there for you. you dont need that! let it go and find mr right who will call you 5 min after you hang up because he misses you.
    heathermarie27

Answer by heathermarie27 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I agree, move on. Find someone better. You are hurting your child by having his/her dad in and out of the picture. Making them think mommy and daddy are together, no mommy and daddy are broken up. Get your act together for the sack of your child.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• He's an ex for a reason, time to let him go and move on.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I also say move on. People usually break up for a reason..
    mandyxoxo

Answer by mandyxoxo at 6:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Sounds like nothing has changed..you still aren't happy with him. Keep him an ex and move on.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Unless you are happy you need to move on. You need to focus on you and what is going to make you happy. Decide what is best for not only you but for your child as well. It really don't seem like things have changed. Is this really how you want to live your life??
    MamaDebi

Answer by MamaDebi at 7:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• It's like this, when you get back together with him he seems to be all nice and the perfect man, but when he starts getting comfortable in the relationship, he goes back to his same ways. It will just keep happening. I feel it's a waste of time.
    my_jasnkiki

Answer by my_jasnkiki at 7:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would move on commucation is big if he won't talk now he won't when you have a big problem good luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 11:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2011