Help my breasts are so full i dont know what to do. adult content

I had been having trouble breast feeding because my daughter was jaundice and lethargic so she was having trouble. Becuase of this she wasnt eating enough, so i had been supplementing a bottle, until my milk came in and her jaundice had gone. She can latch on but gets frustrated after a bit and then i give her the bottle. My milk finally came in and boy did it ever. I didnt realize that my milk had been coming in until I was very full. I have been trying to pump with an electric pump, not being very successful. I only got about 1/2 oz total out of both breasts. This was after pumping for 12 minutes on each side. Then i took a hot shower to try to get them to let down, also massaged them and pumped about 2 hours later. Still not able to get much more out, I have even tried a manual pump. I dont know what to do at this point. I am continuing to pump about 10-12 minutes on each side and massage them but its not working. Any suggestions?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most likely cause by edema. Are you feet or hands swollen? If so, when you pump, make sure you are also massaging your breast while pumping, pay close attention to the spots that are more swollen. Also, only one a time. Make sure you are pumping every 1-3 hours for 5-10 minutes each side at a time. Cold should help reduce swelling too. You can also use heat, but only for 5 minutes at a time. Good luck and keep atit!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I always did the pumping and warm showers. I would continue pumping. when I pumped I massaged my breasts some close to the nipple, seemed to help. I would continue working with her to latch and not giving her the bottle as much :)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 6:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• k you need to get in contact with a lactation consultant. also see if you can get in contact with la leche league.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2011