How do you think I should answer the question??

I'm 19 and I had my daughter very young and I try to take every opportunity to Junior High and High school kids about pregnancy prevention and the things I've given up and the difficulties I face as a young mom. Every year I get the same question: "If you could go back, would you change it?" Of course I wouldn't change it because I love my daughter to death and honestly if she wouldn't have been born I probably wouldn't have graduated HS and then went on to college or I probably would have ended up dead knowing the road I was going down. But I don't want to answer it quite like that because I don't want them to think it's ok. So how should I answer it?

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• tell her the truth. but make sure you include the diffcultly of it to.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You tell them of course you would never change your decision because you love your child, but you love your child enough to know NOW that waiting would have been better for you and your baby. That it isnt a decision to take lightly, and no matter how hard they think it can be, its 100 times harder to be a teen mother.

Answer by gemgem at 6:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Just let them know how HARD it is and haow much u HAVE to give up.... it doesnt really hit you till you have a baby then your like... hmm cant do that or that... or that :p but babies are a blessing and live wiht no regretss!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i would tell the truth as well but maybe in different way we all make mistakes but to learn from them is the biggest lesson to us all
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 6:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• " I wouldn't change having her, but I would change the timing and circumstances of having her when I did." That lines up with your feelings for your daughter and with your desire to warn the younger girls. Tell them every child is a blessing, but that every child also deserves to be born to a stable family who is more prepared to take care of it than you were at the time.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• While the situation I put myself in was not ideal, I love my daughter and would not give her up for anything.
    Anonymous

• I put it this way, I wouldn't change it, but I would have loved to have postponed it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You can say, "I wouldn't want to change having my daughter but I would want to change when I did. I would have wanted to wait until I was an adult, financially stable and in a comitted relationship."

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think the best way you can answer that question is to keep it simple and say. If i Can turn back time I would probally decide to have made better choices. That way you wont say something like i wouldnt have gotten pregnant, so it wont seam like you regreat haveing gotten pregnant at an early age. But you also dont want to encourage others to think its ok either.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• "My daughter is my world, but having her so young was hard beyond belief . . . it is hard for everyone, but even more so when you are a kid yourself."
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2011