Mr. clean multi-surface + bathroom rugs + washing machine = ????

Can I pour a little bit of mr. clean multi-surface into the washing machine ? ?

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• why would you? If you want to clean the machine just add a cup of white vinegar and run a cycle, and when the machine is not in use leave the lid open so it can dry. If you mean to clean bathrooms rugs, rugs aren't a "surface" and Mr. Clean shouldn't be used to clean them
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Well i know rugs aren't a surface, BUT i would like for my rugs to smell like it. (:
    yamil519

Comment by yamil519 (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Why do you want your rugs to smell like toxic chemicals and be washed on them? Do you think the fragrance is natural? Every cleaner, shampoo, body wash, etc is made from toxic chemicals that are proven to cause lung irritations, skin irritations, even cancer, yet we continue to use them thinking they equal clean. They don't. Clean your house with water, vinegar and baking soda. If you want your rugs to smell nice buy an essential oil, mix it in water and spray!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• It shouldn't damage the rugs, or the machine.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Mr. Clean has high acid chemicals that eat away at fibers. Read the label. Would you want that in your washer?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't use it in my washer
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2011