Dull floors

I bought the bissel hardfloor steamer yesterday. I love it except that it makes the floor look really dull. There is no shine to it anymore. I only used a swiffer or hot water and bleach before. I have laminate floors. Can I add something to creat a shine or just let it be? Will a drop of oil help in the water? TIA!

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• First thanks for sharing this experience. Maybe an old fashion wax?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Im not sure if you can wax laminate..? Not sure
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Laminite floors should never be steam cleaned. Good old fashioned vinegar and water used with a microfiber mop cover works wonders for laminate floor. The microfiber mop cover I have is removable and can be dipped into the vinegar-water solution, wrung out and put on the mop head. The less moisture you use on your laminate floor, the better off you are.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 8:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

The manufacturer of my floors said that its safe. No problem at all. As long as it dries in and water is not sitting then all is well. I guess I have to sacrifice the shine!?? lol
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2011