Should I Ground my Kid at 2 yearold

Should I Ground my Kid at 2 years old I know his just learning and still learning but I don't won't to seem like a bad parent or a bad Mother I love my kid and i want to do what best for him. My sister says there only a baby don't be so pushy that make me feel really bad... What should i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Grounding a 2 year old is a little over the top. Within 2 minutes they have forgotten what they did to get in trouble in the first place. Time outs work, if you are consistent.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• You use timeouts.
    Pick a spot in the house that is boring, with no toys. The middle of the kitchen floor, the bottom step, an empty corner. Anywhere.
    If he does something he shouldn't, you warn him and tell him he will go in timeout if he does it again.
    If he does it again, take him to time out. He gets 1 minute per year of age - so a 2.5 year old could get 2.5 minutes.
    And the time starts after his tantrum is done. Because he will throw a fit when you plop him in time out. Let him kick and scream. Don't talk to him or try to calm him down. Just ignore him. Once he is calm, his time starts.
    If he throws a fit anywhere in the house, for anything, take him to his time out spot and leave him until he is calm.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• And ignore your sister. Yes, he is only 2. Soon, you will be saying "well he's only 3" then "oh, he's still little" then "well, he'll behave better once he starts school and learns about rules." NO. It is your job to teach him about rules and boundaries NOW. The sooner, the easier it will be and the happier he will be.
    kaycee14

• i'd go with time-out. one minuter for each year (2 minutes) if your child doesnt sit there in time-out like you tell him to (mine didn't) then you have to keep putting him back. even if it takes an hour get him to sit there.
    Anonymous

• No. He is tooyoung.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• time outs work better. He is too young to understand being grounded.
    061502mom

Answer by 061502mom at 6:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2008