Lady I need help!!

My 3 year old stays up soo late and I was wondering what time is a good time to start putting her to bed and any tips on getting her to stay in bed thanks

luvz2bmama

Asked by luvz2bmama at 6:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• If your child is taking naps, cut back the amount of time she sleeps. Have an hour or two of more quite time before bed (no running around, wrestling, etc.) Create a bedtime routine. Brush teeth, take a bath, put on pj's, read a book, then bed. At that age, you should have her in by 8:00. When kids have a good night sleep they have a better day. I know it's hard but it's something to work toward. You may have crying initially, but that will slow down. Start this on a Friday night so that the first couple of night (if there is crying) won't keep everyone up! Fill the day with lots of physical activity and remember to work on cutting out naps. As difficult as it is, there is a reward on the other side and that is that you will have a more peaceful evening for you. Mom's need the quiet time as much as kids need the sleep!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have a 4 year old and had the same problem with him for a while. I gave him a bed time if 9 pm. That means he has to be in his bed laying down quietly by 9. If he's still awake, he still has to do it. I don't go in there with him or anything. I just leave the door cracked and the hall light on. With nothing to do and no one to talk to, he falls asleep on his own. Good luck!
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 6:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My DD (4 almost 5) has bath at and is in bed at 830 than we read books and lights out at 9. If she stays awake in bed she is allowed to look at her books but she must be in bed laying down with only the night light on. If she gets out of bed she knows that there are consequences depending on the situation. She may lose a book for the next night or something like this. It doesn't happen any more but this is how we used to deal with it.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 6:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• What time do you get up in the morning?? She should be getting about 12 hours of sleep a night.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My kids went to bed at 7:30 when they were that age. You just keep putting her back to bed, eventually she'll stay
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Thanks ladys
    luvz2bmama

Comment by luvz2bmama (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i had the same problem before my daughter went to school. When she started school she was in bed/settled down quiet and buy 8pm shewas out sleeping.I found before this she had to play hard all day with no nap. good luck
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2011