How do I get my 2 year old to drink milk?

She drinks lots of water and I still nurse her right before bed but that will be stoping this month.

alyson402

Asked by alyson402 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dr's and the AAP recommend that a child start drinking whole milk at age 1 because they need the fat. Did she not start? If not, I'd get her started right away. Does she drink from a cup? You might want to start diluting it first.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yuck, you seriously still nurse her. you should have stopped a long time ago. you're disgusting and should be ashamed for putting her through that
    Anonymous

• @ann. its her choice and honestly its good that she is, most other countries mothers will nurse until a child is 2-5 years old!!! and its not your body or your child so you have no say so!!!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• @OP, dont give her anything else to drink but milk. sooner or later she will drink it lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The person who said you should have been giving her milk at age one instead of nursing her is spouting ignorance....breast mik is the best thing for her.....When you stop nursing her, just start giving her milk in a sippy cup.....and also keep giving her water or she will become constipated.....Is she eating food really well? Lots of foods have calcium (anything green, peanut butter, etc) so don't be too upset if she doesn't end up liking milk.....as long as she is getting good nutritious foods and drinks water...keep offering milk with meals, and you will do just fine!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• im not sure of that because ive never nursed before. So what she dosent like regular milk or just wants yours. Maybe you can try giving hjer a flavored milk like chocolate or strawberry. my son is almost 2 and he loves chocolate milk but i only give it to him once out of a day. dont want to over load on sugar you know.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2011