im 26 weeks pregnant and i fell yesterday, my legs went numb and i fell on my side; well before that the baby was kicking normal, now it just feels like a vibration; i need advice really on what i should do and what you think it may be.

mommytobe201869

Asked by mommytobe201869 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Umm go to the doctors!! Call the on call nurse now see if you should go to emergency!
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 6:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Page your doctor today.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• After 20 weeks you need to report to L&D for a fall, especially if baby's movements decrease.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I did the same thing, but was further along and I was told to come into the emergency room. Better to be safe and get everything checked out!
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 6:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yes, I agree with all the responses, go to the er. Call the doc and tell him you are headed there
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• call the office and have them page your doctor and see what he says. With my second pregnancy I fell down the steps only the last 4-5 steps, I fell on my backend and so I called the office since it was after hours they paged the doctor so the doctor called me and I told him what happened. He asked me what I fell on and how many steps I fell down then he told me he wanted me to go to the hospital 2 be monotered for a couple hours to make sure that the baby was ok. He came in. I was about 8 months pregnant at the time.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You should have gone to the hospital yesterday for monitoring! Please go now, and get checked out! Even if it's nothing, at least you'll know! Now go lady!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Call your OB NOW!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I fell around the same number of weeks, but landed on the small of my back/upper butt. The baby was moving fine and there was no bleeding, so I didn't go in. My MIL is an OB nurse and she was on my butt about it saying that if there was any internal bleeding or if the placenta had been dislodged, there might not be any noticeable symptoms until it was "too late".

I should have gone in. Go tonight and get an ultrasound. If I had it to do over, I would have! I was nervous for a week, and it is better to be safe than sorry.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• call your ob... but your baby is much better protected than you think...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2011