She grew horns over night?!

My dd will be 17 months next week and all day she's been a little terror. She usually listens and she's usually my little angel. Today all she's doing is throwing things, hitting, yelling, she won't nap, she keeps trying to get into things she knows are a no no, she's throwing fits when she doesn't get her way, when i tell her no she gives me the mean look and tells ME no! When i try redirection she hits and goes right back to it. I'm so frustrated lol!! I'm bathing her and putting her to bed a little early tonight. Is this the terrible two's starting early? Please tell me my angel will be back tomorrow! Lol. What do you do when telling them no and redirecting them doesn't work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• time out.

if it fails, try again.

it it fails again, try again.

if it fails once more, i believe that a swift tap on the butt (and by tap, i mean a very light tap. just enough to let them know that you've put your hand on them, not even enough to cause any amount of pain. the shock factor of the tap will work.) is in order. trust me, it works.
    hs3127

Answer by hs3127 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Welcome to the life of a two year old. My daughter started her phase at 16 months, will be 4 in a few days and hasn't stopped yet.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Unfortunately i dont think this stage will go away. I think the older they get the worse they get. Lmao. Ihave an almost two year ond makes it in June. And when hes sleep im like where does the time go. Buttttt when hes awake im like i hope 8:00pm hurry up and get here so he can go sleep. LOL.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think an early bedtime is a good thing.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Molars maybe?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• She already has 4 molars and was fine cutting them so that's why i ruled out teething.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2011