Almost 5 months prego

when should I take out my navel ring?

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ohhhhhh I might be able to help on this one!  If you do a search, you'll see plenty of questions like this and be able to read those answers too!  The one I hear the most is to take it out when it gets uncomfortable.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yikes! I would now. I had my my navel pieced as a teenager, and I had long since taken it out before I got pregnant with my 1st, but the hole still stretched with my belly and I have a little loose flap of skin where my piercing hole was. I can only assume that having the ring in there thru the whole pregnancy would have made it worse. If it is healed and a long existing piercing, you'll be able to put it back in afterward.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• They say its pregnancy navel rings thats available..look it up that way you don't have to leave the hole open.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• no idea
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• my friend had a pregnancy navel ring when she was pregnant with her daughter...they are just much longer and at first look funny but by the end they look like a normal belly ring..i have one of my nipples pierced and havent had to take it out but that one doesnt really stretch like the belly does
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Well Im 37wks pregnant and still have mine in. It hasnt tightened up or nothing! Some people are different... just depends. I guess if it gets painful, then I would take it out.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 3:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2011