Do you cut your own bangs? Can you explain?

I want to cut my own bangs. I have side swept bangs and they are growing out. Any tips?

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 6:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i cut my own hair.. but im a stylist.. wet them down and sweep the opposite direction from the side you normally sweep them, then cut a straight line across. it'll give it a more even cut. be sure not to pull hair away from the forehead. elevation will cause layering. leave it about a quarter inch longer than you want it to allow for drying and shrinkage.

or just pay $5-$10 hit up a salon and have someone do it. (beauty schools offer great prices too)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• check out videos on youtube that have tutorials on how to cut your own bangs....thats as easy as i can tell u lol
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I cut my bangs when they hang in my eyes. I just take a small pair of scissors and snip away
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• never cut your own bangs wet!! you'll most likely cut too much, because you'll have a tendency to pull them (wet hair stretches!) and then hate them for a month.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I do when they are in my face. I just do it when they are wet and go straight across. Can't really explain.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• just be aware.. regular sissors are more likely to cause breakage faster because they aren;t nearly as sharp as the scissors we use to cut your hair.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2011