Do you like it when your s/o has to go away for work?

i dont...we moved few months back and i dont know anyone here and i dont talk to my old friends anymore so its a lonely time , just me and my 2 kids. :(

PrettyBaby24

Asked by PrettyBaby24 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• know the feeling ... i'm a sahm in california with a 2yr and 7 month old n my husband leaves for work 4 weeks at a time and home for 2 weeks max .. its hard but its life
    patrtiots_mommy

Answer by patrtiots_mommy at 7:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• my husband is gone a lot. sometimes a few days, sometimes a month, sometimes a year. We spend about 1/2 a year together collectively when he isnt deployed. I do enjoy it when hes gone for a week or two. I get the bed to myself, I have access to the car all the time (we have only 1), and I dont have to cook dinner for everyone. Just me and our 18 month old. The best advice I have is to stay busy and get involved in your community. We live 1800 miles from any family, and so my friends have become my family. If youre religious and want to go to church thats a great way to meet people. Depending on your kids ages you can find SOMETHING that will get you all involved. Hang in there!
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 7:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I like it, if hes not gone more than a week
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Not really because if my husband leaves for work, it is usually for months! If it is less then a week I don't really mind, I can get a lot done and keep my house clean but longer then that and I just miss him a lot!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Nope he's at work a little more than he's home:-(...him being sleep doesn't count,thats not spending time with me and showing attention etc.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You need to look up a local chapter of a MOMS Club International.  http://momsclub.org/ That's what I did the last 2 times we moved to a different city and it made all the difference in the world. You will meet other Moms, your children will meet other kidlets, and you will get to know the new area parks and fun places for kids. It has been the best thing I've done since becoming a SAHM. Hope that helps!

JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• mne almost went away fo a while and it was just me. i didnt like the thught of it speciall cause i was pregnant
    minki111

Answer by minki111 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2011