Should I call the other man?

Okay here's the situation. I am in a 4 and a half relationship but I feel as though it's not going anywhere because when I bring up marriage and how I am looking to be married, his excuse is 'not now' or 'it takes time'. The last time I asked, he told me 'not now'. We don't have children together. My 2 kids are from another man who passed away many years ago, but with this relationship, it feels like maybe he's feeding me B.S. or he wants to just be single. On top of that, some of things that I've seen makes me wonder if he really wants me. So anyway, I was approached by this other guy at work and he asked me out and he gave me his number. Should I move on from this 4 year relationship and call this other guy? The reason why I think about this is because I want to know that I have a serious future and 4 years seem to be enough time. I know marriage is a piece of paper but this is what I want. I want to have more kids and become one. I don't want to be in a relationship too long and miss out on someone who will actually marry me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Before you do anything break up with guy #1. I would be honest and tell him you feel you have spent enough time on a relationship that isnt leading to marriage.

Answer by gemgem at 7:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My thoughts.

If marriage and more children is your ultimate goal.. Will you ever be happy, fulfilled and satisfied in the relationship you have? If not, then end the relationship and move on.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• How many more years are you wiling to wait for this relationship to get to marriage? It doesn't sound like this guy is really interested in the marriage part and will always use "not now". Either get him to commit to "WHEN", or move on.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Sounds like you already know your answer. You know better than us. Do what you gotta do. Just be straight and end it first so you aren't lying to either of them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• you to end it with the first guy first.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't get "involved" with anyone else while still in a relationship...it is best to make a decision about your current relationship first...if not, will only cause more problems in the long run
    Ktbugsmom22

Answer by Ktbugsmom22 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I agree with these ladies. If you want marriage and your S/O doesn't then you should probably end it. Then it would be appropriate to call the other guy. IMO, if you're considering calling the other guy, maybe you shouldn't be talking about marriage with the guy you're already with?
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 7:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• From a woman who wanted the same things you do and never got them I would ask yourself how much more time are you going to waste its hard when we have goals and the person you are with is not in the same mindset tell him and move on I waited and now I am single take charge and get what ylu want.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would tell your current guy that if he doesn't want to marry you then fine don't he shouldn't expect to keep you to himself and you are gonna go out on a date
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2011