How did you know you were going into labor?

I have been having pelvic pain and my stomach hardens but i can't seem to tell how consistently because I am just overall uncomfortable. My husband is stressing me out about going to the hospital but I don't want to yet. His anxiety is driving me crazy.

How did you know when it was time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had bloody show on day 1/4 of my labor extravaganza. about an hr later my contractions woke me up and were 2-5 minutes apart for about an hr. We spent days 1-3 in the hospital. got sent home for 12 hrs because I was in "false labor" at 40 weeks, and then 12 hrs after we went home my water broke and my contractions had been consistent the whole time we were home.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 7:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Contractions are like a charlie horse on one side or the other in the belly, after a few minutes it relaxes again, time these contractions and when they get less than 8 minutes apart, go to the hospital, how exciting!!!!

Answer by older at 7:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• ive had no exprince yet,but i know from what i watch on TV (TV actally pays off here,lol).if your stomach starts hurting and you've ate too much...then your not in labor.just feel your stomach and ty to feel if your child is kicking.if your not sure,go to the hospital anyways.
    mom_test

Answer by mom_test at 7:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I just kind of... knew. My water did not break, and I didn't lose my mucous plug in one noticeable piece... so there were really no signs. But two contractions in, I knew it was the real thing. I had had a lot of BH contractions, but I just... felt different about it when they were real. My son was born via c-section eight hours later.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Good questions. No one can really tell you through. Like, I had back labor....the pain started in my back and wrapped around my sides.

I did all my laboring at home and then suddenly...I felt different and KNEW it was time to go. 20 minutes after getting to the hospital...my son was born.

Good Luck!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• my water broke at about 10:30 at night. however i wasn't in any pain yet so on the way to the hospital we stopped at 2 gas stations and at walmart so i could pick up a more comfortable bra for labor lol but as soon as they had me in the bad contractions started
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I had cramping, bloody show and the mild pain (at first) was sort of coming in waves. The contractions intensified and I had no doubt I was in labor. That was with my first. With my second, I just laid down to go to bed and had a huge contraction and with in 1 hour they were 3 minutes apart. My third I was induced so even though the induction didn't work, it quickly became obvious it was going down that day. I don't know how else to say it, but something in your mind will tell you when it is time to get going to the hospital!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i had csections, no idea
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Im on the same boat as you
    but im 2 days over due.
    liv3laughlov3

Answer by liv3laughlov3 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I was induced all three times. I've never gone into labor naturally.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011