Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do next?

My son had to have his report card signed by us returned to the teacher(just so she could make sure a parent saw it)and then we would get it back. Well, my son lost his report card he asked the teacher twice for a copy she said no. Each time I try to meet with her she's been out of the class room so I sent a letter with my son requesting another copy. My son said she took the letter an said nothing well still no copy. I went to the main office they said to ask the teacher for a copy, went back to the classroom she is not there....what should I do now just wait till next week an ask again or is there a hint I'm not getting (my son's teacher is kinda odd)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (6)
  • what age? I'm surprised the main office gave you that answer. my school has a website, with all faculty email. Why not send the teacher and the VP & principal a request for the report card. Type you are respectfully requesting a copy since every other attempt, verbal, via student, via note has failed. this should not be a problem. Or contact the administration for the school with same request.


    Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

  • I'd do like the previous answer, try to e-mail. If you can't, keep pushing. Send a note every day, go into the office every day, until they give it to you just to make you go away. As bad as it sounds, sometimes you have to annoy them to get them to do what you need.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 5:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

  • I would go to the office and tell them what you have been going through to get a copy of the report card. Tell them flat out you are not leaving until you get it and ask them to please go get a copy of it for you. Just be blunt and firm with the office people. I think they will get the picture. Oh yah, I would do it during school hours if you can! Good luck.

    Answer by raybell at 6:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

  • This does sound odd. Usually the school has to have a copy of the parent's signiture on file or else they can't retain or fail a child if the parent hasn't had the opportunity to know their child was having difficulties.

    Answer by frogdawg at 8:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

  • I think this is very odd. I would try talking to the principal. The office staff is not allowed to give you the report card, but the principal should. If you are still getting know where with anyone a the school then I would go to the Superintendent of Schools.

    I know that we have to sign the kids report cards as well, I have never run into something like this though.

    Good Luck

    Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:36 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

  • i would take it to the board of education.

    Answer by sgunn at 2:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.