I am in so much pain

I had a post earlier about a bone coming out of my gums and i am just miserable, i am not sure if i should go to urgent care, i hate going because they will think i came in for this.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Health

• Oh I had that happen a few months ago!  Painful, incerdibly painful :(  I didn't read an earlier post, but I do think the dentist who pulled it out should be notified, either through his service or whatever.  Go to the ER or urgent care in the morning.  They should be able to give you something to hold you over till Monday a.m.  Also, try alternating meds.  Like say take some pain pills or tylenol .... and then ibuprofen 2 hours later ... then more tylenol 2 hours later, then another ibuprofen 2 hrs later.  Or Aleve, that might help too.  Goodluck!  I know how horrible that pain is :(

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You may just be teething. I was teething last yeat it was so bad. I felt like I had the flu. I would recommend just waiting to see the dentist on monday because urget care probably will not help you.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Can you get to a dentist instead? They can also prescribe.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You need to go get help, don't wait! Who cares what people think just go!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I cant go to the dentist until Monday
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• curious, why is your bone comming out?
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• There are no dentists that deal with emergencies in your area? Here we have ones that are open on weekends and extended hours. If not I would go to urgent care. If you are in a huge amount of pain that is reason enough. Good luck.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 8:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I just read your earlier post. This is the responsibility of the dentist who pulled your teeth. Call his number . . there should be some sort of extension or answering service to have him paged. Page him and let him either meet you at his office or arrange your care. Even though it is outside of office hours, he is still responsible to help you, and it is important for both he and you that he follow your care.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I live in a small town, the one that pulled them is over a hr away. I have 1 pain pill and if i dont feel any better in the morning i am going in to the ER, thank you everyone. :)
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• its a small piece of bone when you have some teeth pulled sometimes it will come out through the gumline.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2011