Catholic School

Why do you get a break from education if you are that religion? My daughter is Catholic and will be going to Catholic School next year. Those that arent Catholic have to pay more. Why? Is it a discount system? Thanks!

First Child $3,900.

Second Child $2,900.

Third + Child $2,400.

Non-Catholic - All children $4,850. each child

Registation fee (non-refundable) $100. each child

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in

• Im assuming that its pushing Catholisim...am I right?
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think so
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Wow!!! That stinks!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I assume you are right but on top of that they are making a double killing....

Answer by older at 7:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Sort of like when you have to pay more for college if you live out of state. Doesn't really make sense.
    Anonymous

• Probably b/c they figure the family will attend services there & put $ in the offering. One complaint I had when I was in a long-term assignment for a 2nd grade class at a Catholic school, was that although I was/am Lutheran, I was still able (w/ asst. from another teacher) to prepare the students for their 1st communion & May crowning, but was denied taking communion myself during our Friday morning Masses.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The reason catholics get a discount is because the school/church is assuming that the catholics are already tithing ten percent of their income or more every month so they get a break.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Catholics pay reduced tution because they also pay money to the c\Church which makes up the difference. Money given to the Church is tax deductible, tution is not. A Catholic school is a private school and of course Catholics are given preference, they don't have to treat non-Catholics the same since they're not a public school.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Because it is a CATHOLIC school. A PRIVATE school. The Catholic schools in my city charge more if you are not a member of their church, doesn't matter if you are Catholic or not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Because you are supposed to be paying your 'dues' to the church every week when you attend Mass. I know the Catholic school I have my son in has the same system. However, they track how much you give your church. If you don't attend Mass regularly and don't give regularly, you get charged the non-Catholic rate.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:26 AM on Mar. 6, 2011