• In the Spotlight:

how long after a miscarrage do you usually get your period

Ok so I had a miscarrage on June 27 and I was 6 weeks along. It was a complete miscarrage so i did not have to get a D&C. My doctor wants me to wait at least one cycle before I go back on clomid but I don't know when that will be. As anyone else gone through this and if so how long before your body recovered???

mum2b2009

Asked by mum2b2009 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had a miscarriage about that far into my last pregnancy and i did not need a d&c either. It took me 2 months to have my period after i lost the baby.. Im sorry and good luck...
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 10:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I had one...and it came back like 6 weeks later I think. It may take a little bit for your hormones to balance back out. Sorry to hear about your loosing your baby...:(
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• mine was pretty much back on normal schedule since I pretty much miscarried right around the time my period would have been.... like a PP said, maybe about 6 weeks....
    dance_chica

Answer by dance_chica at 10:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I started trying again right after the bleeding stopped, but I wish I would have waited. It took about 3 months for my body to regulate itself again and 4 months to get pregnant. I wish I would have saved myself the heartache by taking the doctor's suggestion to wait 3 months.
    MamaMimi237

Answer by MamaMimi237 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2008