How much do you pay for dog grooming?

Just wondering because I wanted to take my dog in just to get a bath, and the only place I could find in town here wants $50. I thought it seemed a little high, just for a bath. We normally do it outside, but now it's too cold. He is a big dog (a rott) so I don't know if they charge based on size?

mom2XandZ

Asked by mom2XandZ at 4:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pets

• One of our area car washes now has a doggie wash it's a big tub with the warm water sprayer inside so it's DIY with out the mess in the tub and bathroom maybe there is one in your area? But yeah we have 2 big dogs and it's like $50 + up because they charge by weight.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Yea, a lot of places charges are based on size and hair like long hair/short hair dogs. I used to be able to get my german shepherd mix washed for like $30 now its $50 =/, but the groomer could also be doing extra services you can ask next time for a basic wash or something see if that lowers the price.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I took my teacup poodle for his first cut and it was 40.00,I almost had a heart attack.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I do it myself
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 4:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2008