Baby shower gift when you are broke?

Is it tacky to just bring cupcakes are something for the guests to eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would go to the dollar store and do a 'mommy survival kit' Get a basket, shower gel, a candle, a shower puff, lotion, eye mask, ear plugs (lol). It will look nice for a few bucks here and there until time for the shower. Or get a stuffed animal and a balloon. I wouldn't bring food since I am sure the hostess will be providing cakes and snacks already. Or just get a nice card with a heart felt message. If the person this shower is for is a good friend they won't care if you bring anything or not.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Get her pacifiers, baby nail file, baby socks, these are all inexpensive gifts but very much needed.

Answer by older at 7:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• When my neigbor had her babyshower i had NOOO money so i just wnet and got a bottly a botte cleaner and a binky and put in in a 1.00 gift bag :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'm sure there will be nummies planned already. I'd make something cute like a little coupon book. Good for 1 night of babysitting, etc etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The thing is I have NO money AT ALL. I have food stamps and thats it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• And this friend lives an hour and a half away and neither of us has a car so babysitting is out of the question.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Thoughtful gestures are never tacky. You could always offer her your time once the baby is born to babysit so she can sleep or go out an get a pedicure.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• get a few jars of baby food and rice cereal. The mom can put it away for later use.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• no. in my eyes thats a big help one less ideato come up with. You could also offer an afternoon of child care for free or something that would be helpful besides gifts from the heart are the best
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• dollar store is a great place for gifts. i've done it.
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011