Some people on CM say you aren't completly anonymous when you use the feature. Is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in About CafeMom

• You aren't anonymous to Cafemom.  They still know who everyone is even when posting anonymous.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think you are completely anonymous.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• nothing is completely anonymous when you are online.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You are anonymous. Many people think you arent because when you click on your profile it shows what you answered anon and questions you asked anon. However I have gone to look at other peoples answer profiles and it doesnt show what they did anon.

Answer by gemgem at 8:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Thanks for your answers, I was going to ask a question about my vajajay and didn't want to be tracked!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The admins know who you are. I know because a chick at work thought she would be hilarious and learn my password then post an anonymous q about suicide. Yeah I got an PM from the cafemom team with help-line and resource info. They may only fisgure out the ones that sound risky though. I dunno about that part.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Posting your own question and answering anonymously are relatively safe, as far as other members in Answers not knowing who you are (unless you have a very specific style of writing, or misspell the same word regularly...then some of us might be able to guess at your identity, but that's not the case most of the time).
    If you are answering someone else's question anonymously and it gets voted down, it will deduct 3 points from your total. If another member were to think they knew who you were and test it by voting you down, then checking to see if your points total went down, they could. But they would pretty much already have to know who you were for that to happen.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yeah I got an PM from the cafemom team with help-line and resource info.

Honestly - even though it wasn't a "real" situation, it's nice to know they'll do that. There have been other times in the past where someone's behavior has become really erratic, and people were concerned, but CM had a hands off policy on it. They'd just recommend you contact the local authorities (except chances are you don't know who their "local authorities" are) beyond a state.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• no you are not...say for example..i could possibly guess who you are by elimination. if you (anon) were to give me a thumbs up and so did everyone else who answered this.. all i have to do is look on my answers profile and it will show the screen name of everyone who gave me a thumbs up..it will not say "anon"..so i can assume that that person is the anon. know what i mean?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2011