How do you mop your floors?

How do you mop your floor? (what products, what mop, how often?) My floors are always sticky and I banded shoes from my house and sweep and spot mop daily. I need help.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i use water and vinegar to mop my floors it helps
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 8:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• depends on the flooring you have. personally i get on my hands and knees with a rag and bucket. i usually use lysol, mr clean, or pinesol (lemon) or just plain bleach. depends on what i have on hand. i have linolium and its old and ugly and want to replace but cant right now so i really dont care what i use. but yes i cant stand sticky floors. but i know if you have tile you should use vineger and water. i personally cant stand the smell but it does go away quickly and cleans good.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I use vinegar and water with a microfiber mop cover. I sweep my floors daily and mop at least every other day.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 8:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I use clorox wipes. My kitchen floors not that big and they seem to work better than anything else.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I use Pine-Sol, vinegar and water, Mr Clean and a regular mop I mop at least once a week
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i use lysol and a refillable spray mop with the mop pad u can wash and reuse it has been very helpful
    sunkist84

Answer by sunkist84 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I use the Swiffer Wet Jet for touch ups/routine maintenance, but I get on my hands and knees with a scrub brush to clean bathrooms too! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i use a bucket a sponge and the spray stuff that i used to clean the kitchen for the counters..i have a wooden floor .it doens't leave it sticky
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 7:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Armstrong floor cleaner and mop and hot water, no shoes in my house and I do floors once a week.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011