It hurts

For the past year my daughter will complain sometimes about her privates and pain. Usually all is well but sometimes her vaginal area is red. Her dr has given me antifungal cream and such but everytime we go there is nothing there. She eats well and drinks well. Sometimes it takes her a while to urinate but she doesnt complain of any pain. What can I do for this? I know the dr knows best but in the mean time I would appreciate some advice. Thanks!!

Ps she is 4

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I used to have problems in that area when I was little and it was from the soap my mom was using...we just had this conversation b/c my son had a uti and we found out it was the soap I was using on him.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• get another opinion and be darn sure nothing inappropriate is happening to her by anyone near you.
    Anonymous

• has the dr checked her for a uti?
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• not to sound gross but kids tend to "find" themselves. my youngest has found herself recently and if i leave her without a diaper for any length of time she has her hands down there. so that could be a possiblity.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like she may not be wiping good enough. I taught my dau to say, "front- to back & drop it" when she was wiping. She still had times when she got irritated, so we'd just use a little A & D ointment like we used for occasional diaper rash. It worked. If you notice an unusually strong odor from her urine, plz have her checked for an infection. That happened to my dau about that age, & it turned into a kidney infection. Poor thing got pretty sick.  Hope yours feels better soon. 

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I remember when I was little if I wasn't RINSED completely I would get irritated from the soap.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 9:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Also couldn't hurt to have her drink some cranberry juice. I hate the flavor of cranberry juice so I mix it up a little with DIET 7-up. 90% to 95% juice anmd 5%-10% pop.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• get her back to the doctor and tell them the cream just isn't cutting it

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2011