Has anyone had a breast reduction?

I was wondering if anyone has had a breast reduction? I have a large chest and I hate it. I have been having serious back issues for about 4 years now and lately I am in pain all day every day. I see a chiropracter 2 times a week and i tell him about the pain and he is baffeled becasue he says he is doing all he can for me and I believe him when he says this becasue he has helped me out alot these last few months. I am on the larger side and I know weight is a big issue with back problems, but I have been slowly losing it and the pain seems to betting worse. My insurance co said if it is a medical neccessity they will pay about 80%. I am not having any more children and I would really love to ba able to do more with my DD, but with the pain I am in I can't do much. If you have had the surgery were you glad you did it and did it help with pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Health

• I have not had it, but I have a good friend who did. She got serious infections, was on antibiotics forever, and had to have surgical drainings numerous times--all this over a period of about 2 years. She was, needless to say, in a lot of pain for a very long time. She had it done for the same reasons as you are considering it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My oldest daughter had a breast reduction. Before she was 5' 2" and was having a lot of trouble with back pain - to the point of her spine becoming curved. It was deemed in her best interest health whys to have the surgery. She did it, three days later she was 5' 3"! She can run, she can hike, she can a bathing that fits - yes, she was glad she had the surgery. She said yes the pain of recovery was worth it.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 3:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2011