Is this a sign or what??

okay I asked a question earlier about getting back with ex/childs father. Its so hard b/c he is really the only guy I had a relationship with the last time we broke up I moved on to another guy for the first time. This guy I only dated for 3 weeks but we were together EVERY night he even took my little girl out to eat with us too. He was really nice and totally oppisite of my ex/childs father. We talked in august and then he acted weird and said he didn't think we had much in common or some bull crap....well he was talking to me today on FB and texting me asking me to go out with him this weekend and saying how sorry he was he stopped takling to me like he did. Its so hard for me to move on from my ex/childs father but I know I could NEVER EVER trust him b/c of things he has done to me. I feel like if someone locked us in a room for the rest of our lives we would get along great but I can't trust him with anything. So should I give this guy a chance just to get over my ex/childs father?? Or should I drop both of them and be single?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that right now you need to focus on you and your child. Between my first and second marriage when I was a divorced mom I went on dates but I didnt introduce my children to anyone until I was dating my now husband for a year. I didnt want my kids to meet just anyoone I dated. If you cant trust the ex than be done. I would ask the new guy why exactly he stopped talking to you. If it was because he was scared things were moving to fast or he was just scared you may in time want to give him a chance but I would suggest really just making your and your childs like the best it can until you feel over your ex and wont just pick another bad guy.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Well, you could take things super slow, & use him as your rebound guy. Do not let your child get close to him, b/c it's too soon & it may not work out. You should not look backward. You are probably just feeling nastalgic & thinking about your child & the big happy family you could've had. But if he's the butthead you say he is, it wouldnt be a happy family. Ultimately, you need some time just for you to be you & a mom to your child. Sometimes we can find remarkable strength w/in ourselves w/out a man in our lives. GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Drop them both. Work on yourself and being with your child. Your Mr. Right will show up but neither of them are it. You will need to be secure and happy with yourself and your child before you are really ready. Good luck :)

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• By the way me and my ex/childs father has been over for 9 months now. JUST started talking to him again like a month ago. I was SOOO totally over him but just like "hanging out" with him. I know its not going anywhere with my ex I just wish I could make our family work (I can't stand the fact that my child could someday call someone else mom like a step mom I would do anything to not let that happen).
    And I am not jumping into things with this new guy I have already told him I like being single right now and he said "I am not talking about dating, Just want to take you out to dinner"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• well sweetie all i say if take it slow dont rush into anything but you should tell him how you feel i hope everything works out for you goodluck mama
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2011