Anyone physically unable to do much in the end of your pregnancy?

im 38 wks.. my doctors mentioned induction on my 37th week but i told them no thank you, id rather wait to go on my own.. but one week has passed and things have gotten much more hard.. more pains.. hard to walk..cant make it up steps.. and other small things.

They know how much "pain" im in and said they are comfortable w/ inducing if I am.. but I really dont want to because my last two inductions were long and awful..

anyone else feel like they cannot even move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Im 37wks and 2days. My hips hurt, I fell last mon. so now my back is really hurting and I walk like a goose. lol Its hard, and I'm in quiet a bit of pain, well more so pressure when Im standing or sitting up. Feels like he is just gonna fall out. lol. We just gotta hang in there though. :) Good luck! :)
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 2:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My hips hurt quite a bit towards the end of my pregnancy. Visiting a chiropractor really helped. I would absolutely avoid inductions unless REALLY medically necessary. They put both mom and baby at risk. :(
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I was like that with my first, I basically laid on the couch and cried from about 37 weeks on.  baby dust Here's some labor dust! Hopefully it comes soon for you!

Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'm right there with you. I don't even think I could bend down to pick up a $100 bill off the ground if I found one. I'm 38 weeks pregnant too. And ugh, don't even get me started on stairs!!!! I have to walk up and down the damn things probably 20+ times a day. Surprised I haven't put myself into labor.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i never felt that way. i went to the gym every day of my pregnancy so when i got to the end i had no trouble walking, or even running. i was still running a couple miles a day at 9 months. at 37 weeks i moved and i was lifting heavy boxes up and down stairs, in and out of trucks effortlessly. women don't realize how much easier pregnancy is when they keep exercising all the way through it and it makes labor and delivery almost effortless too
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yes I'm 33 weeks. I can't do anything. On top of that I have a pinched nerve (lower left back) and I have tachycardia. Simple things like getting out of bed has become a true hassle (given how many bath runs we now make), cooking for myself and daughter are also hard work. I'm only 33 weeks and I'm having a c-section at 39 weeks if they give me the option to bump it up to 38 weeks I'm so doing it.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 9:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i have 3 kids, only one born after 36 weeks... she was only 10 days early... but it wasn't that hard to move...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• the only problems i have had is since i work on my feet all day long sometimes upwards to 12 hours a day is my feet start to swell and my hips get sore and walking does get a little more difficult afterwards but i have to keep pushing myself because i dont want to have to be induced..however my best friend was induced both times and the labors were not long or too bad she didnt even take pain medications..but i took a page from her playbook and try to walk all the time as often and for as long as i can because that helps sooo much...until my feel swell in which case i know its time to sit for a few minutes...if you can try to walk around the block and push yourself to do it..dont say you cant because then you wont even try...take your daughter around the block walk around outside or go to the grocery store and walk around for an hour or so..at a slow pace if thats better for you and see if that helps you feel a little better
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Im only 22wks and already have issues with climbing stairs and just walking some distance i get winded. My hips are killing me. Im not sure but I think its partly my age at this point cuzz I didnt have these problems with my other pregnancies lol
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• momofon-- I am extremely athletic & have worked out my entire pregnancy until the doctors said I had to stop due to my issues of pain & how the baby is laying-- so I know all about excercise!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2011