I was sick for 12 days and now I feel like I have a knot in my throat and I'm super nauseated!

I was sick for a few days...like REALLY sick so my doctor prescribed me an antibiotic and a couple days later I started feeling better but didn't feel even close to normal until about 12 days later...now I feel like I have a golfball sized knot in my throat...hurts to swallow and my tummy is upset all the time. Is this from drainage maybe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Health

• Go BACK to your doctor!! If you have children, you owe it to them to take care of yourself.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You might have caught something else. When you're sick, your immune system is compromised, making it easier to catch other things. This happens especially if they put you on a steroid, which is what they did to me. Ugh... I felt worse after taking the medications! I would call your Dr. You can talk to the on call physician and ask what they think. He may want to see you again, or prescribe another round of antibiotics, but I would definitely recommend you check with them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• that is how mt strep throat starts out feeling
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Sounds like your glands might be swollen. I'd go back to the doctor to get it checked out. Hope you feel better. I had a cold for about two weeks, was fine for a few days and now my sore throat is getting worse :/. Hang in there!
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2011