Kissing on the cartoon

What u guys think of the kissing on the cartoon? Now most of the cartoon have kissing.

lelly1019

Asked by lelly1019 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think most cartoons are completely inappropriate for kids these days.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yeah u are rigth
    lelly1019

Comment by lelly1019 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Bugs kissed everyone and even meen so cartoons are cartoons and just that lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• a peek kiss is OK... It really depends on what is going on & why are they kissing i guess..
    Popeye & Olive Oil kiss...
    Pepe Le Pew tried his hardest!!! He does NOTHING but chase tail during the whole cartoon.. I always thought it was cute growing up
    Alot of Disney Princess stories main focus is that 1 kiss from the prince at the end of most of their stories..
    Lady & the Tramp...

Making out kisses NO..No reason for it..
    but even in adult movies the stupidity in the nudity/sex are stupid & does not have anything to do with the actual movie.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Do you kiss in front of your ids? I know DH and I do nothing inappropriate but we always kiss before we leave for the day and such. We only watch select cartoons but I know all the disney princess movies have kissing.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Honestly I think we all take things much too serious. If you make a big deal out of it your kid will....... I would much rather see an innocent kiss than someone shooting someone on TV...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Context and age is key. personally there are a lot of 'modern' cartoons that I think are really foul and disgusting that are completely unrelated to kissing.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I agree with the people saying context is important. I would rather explain to my daughter the joys of love than the sadness of death any day! I also think that if we shelter our children too much we harm them just as much as if we over expose them. Its a balancing act. You kiss your hubby in front of them but you don't jump his bones in their site... Most of us grew up watching Disney and most of those movies contain both kissing and death. I think we should take our lessons from that. Balance in all things - even movies and cartoons.
    questioningcleo

Answer by questioningcleo at 8:12 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I don't think it is a big deal, what kind of cartoons are you talking about??
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2011