My duaghter......(update 1)

my daughter is 18 turning 19 in September, shes with a sweet man that's turning 20 in April they are having a baby together, its not what i had planned for her right at this point in time, but im doing my best to make room for her in my small apartment so she can get away from my ex husband, her dad, when ever he gets angry, which is very very very often, he screams at her to get an abortion and that shes (excuse my language) fucking up her life and that shes a disappointment to him and his side of the family, and that she shouldn't tell her aunt and grandmother, even though her grandmother had my ex husband when she was 16,(but that's besides the point) here's the big problem, she is afraid if she comes to live with me right now instead of a month before her due date that her dad is going to take her medical away from her, she is terrified she'll have her baby in a free hospital or force me to pay a hospital bill, i have no idea what to do because i don't want her to be scared to come live with me, but i cant talk to her dad without him picking a fight with me....i really need help

Update 1

well shes going to go see the social worker the hospital assigned her and a physical tomorrow, she'll explain that shes going to move here and have her baby down here and live down here till her and her boyfriend can get on their feet and get established,she's gonna call me when she gets back to her dads and tell me what happened, but i just thought id update

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Doesn't she have a job? Doesn't the dad-to-be?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Free hospitals are actually well epuipt.
    They are usually staffed by the same professionals that run the main hospitals. :)
    I would rather her be with you than with her dad who could cause her to go into early labor due to stress.
    Her dad is putting her and her baby's health at risk....what an A**!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• butterflyblue my daughter just graduated high school and has been looking for a job, and he got layed off from a job that's another reason why they want to come here because there are jobs down here to go look for and there are none up where they are now
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• She might qualify for medicaid and "free" hospitals are quite often better than the others hospitals.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You'd be amazed the medical care available to pregnant women. She could give birth in a "normal" or main hospital and it would more then likely be free or next to nothing if she didn't have private insurance. And the baby too is automatically covered on state health insurance from the day it's born until it's first birthday, regardless of the parents income. So tell her not to worry. Contact the hospital she would be delivering at, ask to speak to someone in billing. Explain she would have no insurance at the time of giving birth,and what paperwork needs to be filled out to qualify for financial assistance/a free stay. They'll direct you to either a specific person to talk to (at my local hospital is a program called Project Hope) or they will send you the paperwork needed.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• well that's only if her dad takes away her medical when she comes down here we don't know yet or not, ever since she started going to the hospital me ex husband wanted her to go to he's been a little more nice but screamed at her the other day when he found out the babies dad got layed off in January

the hospital she goes to considers her a teen still until shes 19 so until September she can go there, then she knows exactly what to do and how to get her own medical, she went to a free clinic until 4 weeks ago so she knows what all that stuff's about
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Staying with her dad seems like a bad idea, medicaid might be her best option right now. I'm glad she has you for support.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• RyansMom001- thank you :) shes a tough little girl she can hold her own but since she got pregnant she's slowly being broken down every time her dad tells her to get an abortion...its hard to listen to her cry over the phone....i miss her, she lived with me for 9 months when she was 16, after me not being able to see her since she was 10

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Then it sounds like the medical issues would be easily resolved, and she NEEDS to come be with you asap.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• its up to her when she wants to come live with me, she said she'll come down in july, which is a month before her due date because we dont know where the hospital is at and she wants to make sure she gets most of her really important visits out of the way

i know she NEEDS to come live with me but i cant force her to live with me, plus she wants her boyfriend to be around for the baby which coming in july would make accommodating him her and the baby a lot more easy, A LOT more easy
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2011