IF your phone had been missing for HOURS then you ask your 3 yr old where it went

and 10 min later they tell you the trash. then you find it in the trash. Would you let it go. or punish the child. H ow would you punish? THANK YOU JUST REALLY GLAD I FOUND MY PHONE!LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He's 3 - tell him to not throw mommy's phone away. if he does it again put him in time out
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 9:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would tell them that it wasn't nice and if they do it again that will get a punishment.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't punish at 3. I'd tell him/her this is mommies, you don't touch it. If I find you playing with it again it's gonna be a time-out. And then I'd place the phone where my 3 year old couldn't reach it. I once was literally stuck in my house for 3 days because my 18 month old at the time hid my keys in the toy box. Took me 3 days to find them at the bottom, cause he didn't have the language to tell me where they were, nor the memory to even remember playing with them. I was more mad at myself for leaving the keys lying around then him, cause he was just doing what he was suppose to, playing.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I did NOT punish him .i did tell him that if he doesnt it again he will get a time out. but he did ask to color and said NO JUST toys and books tonight
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think I would reprimand only since it didn't just happen. And Wheresmycellphone.com is my best friend! lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would tell him that mommys phone is something important and never to do that again...and ASK why he did that...maybe he feels that you are not talking to him enough and he wanted to pay attention to him by taking away what bother's him ie; you might be on the phone too much in his mind.
    If he does do it again I would take away a favorite toy (one that he's playing with) for about 5-10 mins and show him how it feels to not have something important.
    Good Luck Mom.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• If he's three years old he is old enough in my opinion to know the phone doesn't go in the trash. But maybe that's a sign. Maybe in his little mind the time you spend on the phone comes in between the time the two of you should be sharing. Don't discipline him but just out of curiosity I'd ask why he threw it away. I think you did the right thing by telling him not to touch it and why.

God luck to you.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 10:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• LOL...at least you believed him and found the phone. I had similar thing happened to me just this afternoon. We dropped off a friend at a train station after being lost and barely made it in time, finished cleaning the baby in the trunk of my SUV, who had an explosive poop that went all the up to the shoulders, so here I was not feeling particularly in control. I couldn't find the keys or remember I put them to save my life. My 3-year old said ONCE, "mommy, I put it in the purse so you won't lose them". I ignored what she said, figuring she's 3, what does she know...I looked and looked and looked for over 1/2 hour, meanwhile the 3-year old reached over to my purse, pulled out the keys, with her little eye brows furrowed, and said "mommy, you need to listen better" she sure fed those words back to me. To answer your question, I'd ask the 3-year old why he threw it in the trash.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't punish him. I would probably have yelled at him when I found it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• my son does this all the time i just laugh and remember the places he puts it for the next time
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 10:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2011