Single moms (or when you were single): Is there something you think repels you from the opposite sex?

Lately I'm thinking there's got to be, for me! I'm not actively looking to date, but if someone new asked me, I think I would accept.
Aaaaanyway... I think it must be because I say too much, when I'm not saying too much... if that even makes sense. I have a lot going on in my life - I don't speak to my son's dad, I don't even get to see my son often, I'm very depressed, I'm looking for a job, I recently lost a baby, I'm starting counselling soon... yeah, there's just a lot. Obviously when I meet new people, I don't go telling them everything... but I still think I say too much and it scares guys off.
Is there anything for any of you, who are single? What about the ladies who aren't... was there anything you felt turned the guys off before you found someone?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• In my case, I am just too set in my ways. I am used to just me and my DD and we don't leave a lot of room for anybody else. Therefore, I seem to talk too much about my child -- and unless they have young children as well, we have little in common. Do you ever find your self picking guys apart?? I am soooo NOT perfect, yet always scrutinize potentials and dwell on anything perceived as the tiniest flaw. I suppose thats my armor?
    But I also know that guys dont want the details of your life too soon -- leave a little more mystery in your life story? Luck!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes abusive or cotroling guys who like me to order off the kids menu and guys who lie to me
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i feel this way all the time. I guess it might be that i talk too much, r maybe i just dont joke enough i can be a very serious person. and of course i have so much going so maybe i seem too busy. or the fact i have kkids scares guys, or i'm too large. there are so many things i worry repel guys. i hope one day i can find a man that gets me and everything but yeah i constantly worry tat there is something about me that repels guys.

2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 10:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I've been married toooooooo long to even try and answer you. I'll bump you.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I've been talking with this guy for a few weeks and he wants to take me on a date and im like, uhh maybe in a few weeks (cause its finals and i have toddler twins) and hes like "do you see your life getting any less busy any time soon because what are we going to do if we really start to like each other" (it was a text) i LAUGHED. like, lmao uh im a single mom do you really think my life is going to get less busy? i think thats it for me. I dont really have time to date. idk
    it'll happen for you though!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i was in the dating world for a long time..there were a couple of guys i came across that i honestly thought i wasnt freaky enough for. ...like all they wanted was that butt love and i wasnt going to do that type stuff..so, of course that didnt work out. i think a few guys i may have been a little too aggressive for.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2011