Thick hair remedies!!

My hair is unbelievably thick and frizzy. I have yet to find a hair product or conditioner that isn't $50 a bottle. Anyone else with really thick hair know a good fix??? I'd like to not have to blow dry AND straighten my hair for it to look decent!!!

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• My daughter has really thick hair and a little bit of curl. I cut it short above the shoulder. It made it a lot more manageable and short enough to get a little curl under. I would try long layers to increase manage ability, a good conditioner and try not to wash it daily. Sorry that is all I got. GL
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Oh my I could never cut my hair short!! I have mid-back length hair right now and long layers as well. I just need suggestions on a good hair product like a good conditioner or something of the short :)
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• ...meaning if I cut my hair short, it would puff and frizz out. I only wash my hair once a week.
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• joico is a good moisturizer that jcpenncies sells (they sell a lot of good professional brands) i would use the k pac shampoo and conditioner.
    then get a thermal protectant gel. it will allow you to blow dry your hair straight. blow dry root to ends with the nozzle pointing down the hair shaft. pointing up will not only "fluff" your cuticle causing damage and frizz, but will also increase the volume of your hair.
    the gel thermal protectant will help weight the hair and protect it from thermal damage.
    i also suggest a weekly protein treatment. (i'll list a recipe below)
    if you are naturally curly and want to style the curl, then use a defuser until slightly damp.
    never blow dry so its bone dry.. it will cause frizz.
    slso try a finishing spray,
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• remedie for at home protein treatment:
    1 egg
    1/2 cup mayo
    3 tbsp olive oil

mix together and apply from ends up. then wrap with a bag (just your hair, NOT your head) to allow your body head to lightly heat product.. rinse after 10-15 mins, then wash hair as normal.. shampoo scalp, condition ends.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I always had thick hair when I was younger. My daughter has thick hair just like me. She has her hair thinned out some, especially in the summer. It doesn't make a difference in your style, it just makes your hair lighter and easier to manage. I use pantene conditioner for thick hair (smooth and frizzy). They also make a conditioning creme to put in your hair to make it look more manageable. Some stylists recommend to use four parts conditioning creme to one part serum. I hope this helps.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have super thick hair too and I blow dry and flat iron each time I wash it too.

I use an organic shampoo that doesn't have any SLS in it (sodium lauryl sulfate); most shampoos contain this and it is so drying to the hair which, in my case, creates more frizz. I love Alto Bella's Claypac Moisturizer in lemon as my hair conditioner. And I use Silk Hairapy as a smoothing serum which works great (though I can longer find it in stores so I've resorted to buying it on Ebay). I also make sure that part of my haircuts every 8 weeks is having my hairdresser thin out my hair a bit with a razor.

I also don't wash my hair everyday. Honestly, my hair looks better on day 2. Plus, I've found that washing daily is too drying. GL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• you need a hair iron ...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Brazilian Keratin Treatment
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• next time you get it cut, have them thin it out for you.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2011