MY HAIR! (vent)

Omg! The stylist totally BUTCHERED my hair today!

This is the pic I gave her

THIS is what I GOT! 

I understand it never comes out exactly like the picture but this isn't even close! There's no excuse for how short she chopped it! It was to my shoulders. There's no reason it should be this much shorter than the picture. This isn't even close to what I had asked for and I'm furious! I will never go to that salon again.

MamaStuart

Asked by MamaStuart at 9:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I'm sorry :(
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 9:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Oh honey!! You are still beautiful and your hair will grow quick :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I learned the hard way that your hair is never going to look exactly like a photo from a magazine unfortunately :( From the looks of it, your hair is a bit thicker than the girl's you are trying to mimic. Don't sweat it...it will all grow back!!!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Well, I think you look totally cute and you have the perfect nose for short hair :) But, I get you about being furious. I hadn;t been to a salon for soooo long because the kids were so young, I couldn't get away . . . then I finally did. I wanted it with blonde streaks and shoulder length. I left with darker hair that was chin length, and I was there for three hours!!! I paid her, but I probably shouldn't have.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I had pretty much the same thing happen to my hair. Try using a straight iron to help it lay flatter and appear a little longer. Sorry- I feel for you:/
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• okay so yes she did do a bad job. now here is how to work with what you have. get some root boaster and hair gel..
    apply to root boaster to the top area of your head at the roots in inch width lines.. rub in.
    emulsify the gel in your hands and rub through the ends. this should add separation to the har style to allow it to give you the same funky style.. yes it's still shorter, but honestly the cut isn't really that off that she did. and if you peice the bangs you can pull off a similar look. when it grows back out about 3 inches, go to another stylist and have then slide cut a little of it to slightly thin out your hair so it will look like that picture and you should be all good.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• pm me and i can give you some other stlying options
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'm so sorry. I've had my share of bad cuts too. My daughter always told me that I overreacted. It will grow back. But I would do the same as you, don't go back to that salon.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:29 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• thinking about cutting the ears out and trimming the back to spiking length to get to a look I'm a little more comfortable with. :\
    MamaStuart

Comment by MamaStuart (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• well, obviously , your hair was cut too short, for your texture and desired length. it looks like you have thick/possibly wavy hair...not curly, but would curl easily, right? the closest you can NOW get to that pic is to use a straightening iron. she probably didn't texturize your hair, either, or if she/he did, the shorter lenghts make it impossible to see.
    this cut is a very straight-look, styled forward..and best suited for finer hair. the thicker or more textured (not texturized, but less straight)) your hair is, the harder it will be to get the look.
    btw..your pics are very dark. hard to see any detail to give you advice on how to style your new (but shorter) 'do.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2011