Have you ever had child services come to your house because your child lied?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I did with my former step-son!
    He claimed we never let him use the bathroom to the neighbor and that he couldn't ask his dad for new shoes.
    He was 9 or 10 at the time.
    His dad and I are no longer together.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• YES!! It was around the second grade, I think. My son had a serious problem with lying and the school KNEW this but they believed him when he told them that his daddy burned him with cigarettes (his dad didn't smoke them). I was furious at him and then at the school when I found out they had influenced his answers!!!

He had mosquito bites that, no matter what we did, he clawed at and made very bad sores on his arms and legs. When the school saw this, the schooled called CPS. Now, please understand that they had seen these bites and sores MANY times as they changed his diaper several times a day, five days a week.

The doctor we went to told (I loved this b/c the woman was a BITCH) her that she was an idiot and anyone could see it was scratched at bug bites. Said some kids just couldn't keep their hands (nails) off them and B seemed to be one of those kids.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yep - my SIL used to run a daycare, and about 2 times in as many years we had to fall back on her for our oldest (only, at the time) two kids. One day the oldest, who was only 3 or 4 at the time, told auntie that I didn't feed them breakfast in the morning - which was total crap, she just wanted what auntie was giving the other kids even though she'd already eaten at home. Well, since auntie was licensed, she was required to report every little thing, and instead of talking to us about it first, you know like most family would do, she called it in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes, my son might have been 8 or 9. He has a little brother that is 6 years younger than him. He once told a teacher that I left him and his brother alone while my mom and I went to Wal-Mart without them. I would never do that! To this day, I still don't know what he was thinking. CPS showed up at my door on that. I was so embarrassed. She asked me if she could talk to my mom. I told her she could, after all I didn't have anything to hide. When I called her (my mom) with her in the room I told my mom that somebody wanted to talk to her and I would call her later. My mom didn't know what was going on. I filled her in later with what happened, and she couldn't believe that he would do that. I will never forget it!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:25 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My 14 year old daughter told her teacher three different stories about a sore on her nose. This after she just fractured her finger two months earlier for slamming a door on herself in another of her anger tantrums. The teacher sent her to the school social worker who my daughter told more stories to (lied) and hence we had a police officer and a child family service social worker on our doorstep. My daughter is a chronic liar and has ADHD and other issues. Needless to say I felt as if I was transported to a Jerry Springer special and believe me I am far from that...still reeling over this and feel so angry, hurt, betrayed, scared and concerned. I am deeply depressed over this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Oh no. Thnat must have been awful. What happened?
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My stepson when he was 16 was at our house for a visit when he was in a regional facility (a cross between a group home and juvenile hall). I was making steaks for dinner and he and his dad went to the store to get sodas. While they were at the store brat stole a lighter. After they got to the house (we didn't have custody, btw...he just happened to be in a regional facility where we lived so mom got vacation number 5 while we were stuck with all his crap) and I found out when they got back. After discussing with me, dad took brat back and brat had a tantrum in the car, head-banging the glove box so hard he permanently warped it and put a big permanent scratch in the side handle as well. Brat later tod me that he did this because he knew his dad had just gotten the car. In front of the facility brat got in dad's face screaming at him saying how bad he wanted to hit him so dad gently pushed him out of arms reach so he wouldn't
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 2:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• GET hit. Brat lied to the staff and said dad hit him so we got CPS called on us. I was extremely angry and resentful for a long time b/c I feel dad was backstabbed when all dad had done was visit him (dad's thanks was for brat to tell him how much he "hated" him) and acts like a jackass no matter how much is done for him. I
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 2:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• my sd did this to us last summer well her father rather lol..she almost had him locked up..i was at home with our preemie baby and she went to hang out for the summer with her dad he travels construction work..well she ended up telling the truth needless to say that was not her stopping point things went on the lie continued now shes in a boot camp that isnt working either shes almost 14 now..before long the path she has chosen will lead her to jail or prison..which in her case someone that lies and manipulates like she does thats where she belongs..especially when its all lies and effects our family this way and this all started right outta the blue
    Anonymous