Does your teen treat you like crap

autbot

Asked by autbot at 9:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• NO, because I don't tolerate disrespect. STOP getting him what he wants just because he is being nice. Take EVERYTHING out of his room but his bed and clothes. Stop driving him places...if he has his license take the car keys. If he wants his stuff back, he has to earn it back item by item by being respectful. IF he ever hits you, call the cops. DON'T tolerate the behavior.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Hugs mama. You just have to let him know you are the BOSS, whether he likes it or NOT.
    You have too... or you will get no where. He is pressing your buttons because he knows how.

I wish I could give you a hug. Take away everything, celly, video games, ipods, whatever .. until he looses the attitude.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• PLEEEASE TAKE TYFRYS ANSWER. BEST ONE!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• EXACTLY, as tyfry said. Giiiirl, your being a PUSHOVER!!! Stop it! You are not a horrible mother, your son just
    has issues. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to step up, and call the cops if he hits you! HE WILL LEARN HIS LESSON
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I agree with tyfry. And if he behaves violently . do not hesitate to call the police . Sure, you don't want him charged but he needs to have the fear of God put into him by authority he cannot abuse . He is old enough to know better and there is no reason to tolerate more of his abuse just because he is your son. Above all, be safe. For example , if there are firearms in the house, get rid of them.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't allow that! Whats going on?
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• No
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I've mentioned it a couple times on here, but he is 16, throws things, puffs up at me sometimes for no apparent reason, breaks things, shouts that he hates me hates the house, blah blah blah. Is real nice and sweet when he wants something but once he gets it and before we make it to the car he turns into super douche again. He's had me crying in the bathroom twice this week because I can't take it anymore. He's horrible to his little sister too, but great to everyone else. I'm hoping my sister can take him for a bit because if she can't I really don't know what I'll do because I can't live like this anymore. I hate being scared and stressed in my own home. His dad isn't an option.
    autbot

Comment by autbot (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I thought of all that, but i really don't want to be hit, have any more dings put in my wall, or anything happen to my daughter. It just isn't fair - I do all i can for him and then all of this. UGH . He told me that I have no authority over him the other night at dinner. I would love to smack the smartness out of him but he would hit back. I'm a horrible mother, a horrible person. What I really want to do is just run away, but that isnt' an option.
    autbot

Comment by autbot (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Stop being afraid and BE A PARENT!!!! If he hits, he gets arrested. Plain and simple. He is doing this because he knows you won't do anything. Step up before he does something to your daughter.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2011