Which job would you prefer?

Just throwing this out there for others' input. I have a possibility of two jobs. 1) a full time job as a store manager. Pay is excellent, hours are retail. Almost 50 some hours with responsibility for one other person as well as all store responsibility, including traveling to train. 2) is a full time M-F 8-4:30 position with no other responsibilities. Just a regular full time job. Pay would be okay, but not as great as the other. Question is, I am not sure how much responsibility I am wanting to assume. So, what is your take? Which would YOU go with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Go for the one that best fits your personality. That is where the payoff really is. If you like hard work go for the Manager's position. If you like to be a little more laid back and less stressed and don't mind taking a slight pay cut. Go for the other one. It will make up for the loss in money by the way you feel each day going in work.:)... Happiness is where you should be.
    Avitar

Answer by Avitar at 3:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• is a full time M-F 8-4:30 position with no other responsibilities. Just a regular full time job. Pay would be okay, but not as great as the other.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• There is a reason why a store manager position pays better. There's no free lunch. It really all depends on what you want, what fits your/your family's needs. I can tell unequivocally the 8-4:30 will give you less headache b/c you are responsible for yourself, so you can control most things. The store manager, while the pay is higher, you will deal with other people's problems (or picking up other people's slacks) most will be out side your control. If you have type A personality, do the 8-4:30, you'll be happier and probably get recognized for your personal effort. If you have a more relaxing personatliy and are good at INFLUENCING people to do a job well, take the store manager.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• id go with #2
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 10:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I always went for the more responsible higher paying jobs, even if it was physically harder. And I always signed up for as much overtime as I could get. The more money we made, the more we could give to our girls. (I did not do this when they were real little, only when older.) We did something right along the way...we are retired...he's 52 and I'm 44.

dalene66

Answer by dalene66 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'd honestly go for the one with more money. Mostly cause I like to spend it a lot lol. All that responsibility would be a fun little challenge.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Option 2
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Depends on which job had a better chance for advancement. Still though I would say go with your gut. It is usually right.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 10:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• If you think you are able to handle to stress of responsible for others at work, I think this is a great thing for you. However, don't bite off more than you can chew, money isn't everything and sometimes the stress overweighs the convenience money allows.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The 2nd one. I work retail hours and it sucks. I want the set hours, no nights, no weekends. I haven't been to a family get together in 6 months, no going out, nothing because I am working every Fri, Sat and Sun.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2011