Trying to wean my 1 yr old off of formula..

It's only been 2 days and he is already driving me up the wall. He starts go crazy when he doesn't have at least one bottle. He's eating less actual food. I don't have much patience with him anymore. I've already yelled at him and my husband isn't doing anything to help me. I'm doing it all yet again, and he sits on his butt while I'm the bad guy..
When will this end?

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree with mixing whole milk and formula and gradually giving more milk, less formula. As for the bottle part, I had to try all different kinds of sippy cups before I found one that dd would use, and it was the kind with a straw.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• idk when it will end but try mixing formal with regular milk start with more formula and then the next day add alittle more milk and less formula till its all milk that what we had to do it took a few days but worked in the end
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 10:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• MIx the formula with whole milk. Maybe he will take it better like that. Try a sippy cup too...he might just have to take the bottle a little while longer.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I didn't give them less bottles at 1. They were just milk instead of formula. My kids stayed with the bottle for a while.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• with mine i did half and half (half formula, half milk) till they were ready for only milk, it seemed to make it easier for all involved. and they didnt really seem to notice the difference once i switched completely.
    kaicheyseanna

Answer by kaicheyseanna at 10:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'm giving him milk, but he still doesn't like going without formula.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I guess I'll have to give it a go.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think men enjoy letting us be the 'bad guys' so they can sit back and enjoy all the "i'm mad at mommy" cuddles. But hang in there, it's what's for the best and with some patience and dedication he will get over it!
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2011