Did you and your SO..

go through a rough patch during your first child's first year of life?

It seems like I see all the time where couples with newborns seem to be so stressed out they start taking it out on each other. I feel bad for them because you can see that it's due to the inevitable stress a newborn can have on your life, lack-of-sleep, financial changes, etc.

jspenny2705

Asked by jspenny2705 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep. It's gotten a lot better, but the first year was rough bc of the lack of sleep. I swear, that's where most of the issues came from. Arguing over wh had to get up in the morning and in the middle of the night, lol. Once he started sleeping through the night, it was a piece of cake.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes a very rough patch but almost 4 years later we are great
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 10:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yep and it's still happening. and I get the feeling it will be bad again since I'm having another baby.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yes, rough patch for sure. He was at home finishing his Master's degree, I was living with my dad trying to cope with being a single mom and providing and caring for two kids. Needless to say, I took a lot of my frustrations out on him when I was having a bad day, and he did the same to me. We're in a better spot now that we're together, parent-wise anyways, but things are still not perfect. It's a work in progress though, one day at a time.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• just the first 6 weeks. you know the "healing" stage!
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yes and Im still that way towards my man... Hes not the father but theirs is a pos and has nothing to do with them... But it gos both ways we take it out on each other...
    HRA.JSK.CDA

Answer by HRA.JSK.CDA at 10:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• no.i know you might not believe me but no. our daughter was sleeping through the night when she a month old and before that she'd wake up every three hours and go back to sleep right after a feeding. we got so much help with expenses from family and wic. hubby's mom would buy us a huge case of diapers once a month which would last more than a month. we had it so easy. she never cried. she was and still is a happy playful baby at 7 months. we never had real stress. if anything she made our relationship stronger cause we were so happy with her
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• No, We actually got even closer during that time. Now, We're closer than ever. I had no idea it was so common, wow.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• We did. For each kid. I'm glad we stuck it out though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011