Lazy young man, really!!!

We have a walk up window at our pharmacy. I was finishing up a customer when I heard the lady behind her ask, are you next? I couldn't see this person but he said, no, just waiting and she responded, oh you're one of those lazy young men with no job, just hanging out. So I stuck my head out of the window, out of concern for our customers and the lazy young man was my son!!! He just got home from Iraq and came by to surprise me! I screamed and cried, lol My son made it home safely!!! This lady was so embarrassed, but I refused to acknowledge her..Open mouth and insert foot! You never know who you're talking to! Just wanted to share :)

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I would of been getting nasty with her,people really need to think before they speak.I'm so glad your son is home and he's ok.
    mommywifey28

Answer by mommywifey28 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Congrats on your son coming home safe! As for that lady I would have handed her a paper towel and asked her to wipe the egg off her face
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Wow. So rude. It's crazy to me that people have the balls to say stuff like that to TOTAL strangers.
    congrats on having your son home!!! xoxo
    Anonymous

• Glad to see your son is home that is great. Please thank him from me for doing an AWESOME job.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• So glad he made it home safely!! Tell him "Thank you" for me!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yellow ribbon *salutes* Tell him welcome home and a big THANK YOU from a former soldier. As for that lady, forget her. :)

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• armyboy kissing momI am with everyone else here and to tell u I wish your son had a vid cam!! I would of loved to see that bitch's reaction to that!! Oh and your expression would have been priceless too!!

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'm so sorry that that happened. Some people just don't think, they just say what they want without the regards of others. I do hope he told her that you were his mom and he got back from Iraq. Congratulations for you and your son, I know the both of you are elated. I hope she was around to see that moment!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• How can any employee at ANY store think she can talk to guests that way? Even if he's not buying anything, he's still a guest in your store! I have obnoxious teenagers looking and touching everything in my store all the time and I'm still nice to them! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS PART OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION, LADY!!

Glad your son made it home safe!
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:21 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Boy some people just have everyone all figured out don't they!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:30 AM on Mar. 6, 2011