MIL (vent) *language*

So my MIL comes to pick up Kelley (4 yr old daughter) she comes in the house and sits down while Kelley goes in her room to get her sweater and the toys she wants to bring over there...from our couch you can see into Kelley's room...so MIL looks in there and tells her "Oh you need to get your mama to help you make your bed" I can't help it...that pisses me the fuck off....Kelleys room is spotless...I don't make her make her bed because I don't even make my own, as long as she puts her toys and her clothes away mama is happy....our house was clean and smelling like bleach, the dog was in the garage so he wouldnt jump all over her, Kelleys room was clean and freshly vacuumed...and this cow wants to make a comment about her bed not being made!!! I may be over-reacting...I don't know..but it's like....She cleaned Richards room (DH) up until the day he moved in with ME...it's not like she's mother of the year! AND why would you come into someone elses house and comment on ANYTHING???? I don't go to her house and comment on the fact that there is NEVER any fucking toilet paper in the bathroom! or that everytime we close a door the fucking doorknob falls off in our hands! She's not elderly...she's only 60 and can still get around and do shit....I'm sorry I'm mad! I would never go into someone elses home and comment on ANYTHING especially not a 4 yr olds bed not being made!

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Do we have the same MIL? Sounds just like mine, I feel like ripping her tongue out most of the time. My MIL also did everything for my hubby still he was 21 and moved out as well with me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Is this a pattern? Does she always make little comments? If not I would let it go. I am sorry she irritated you.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 10:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• wow. i am sorry..id just ignore her.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• MILs have a way of making little comments like that, and I get pissed everytime too!
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 10:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• kinda sounds like she wants to stir up trouble. that is the way mil used to be. she went so far as to call me a bitch and then deny it when my dh confronted her. she has finally given up after 7 years:) but even if she tried now it wouldnt work because my husband knows how her games work now. he realized that when she moved over 6 hours away and we quit arguing! good luck just remember you did not marry her
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Well it sounds like maybe she just wants to get under you skin, or maybe she's jealous if your house is neater & nicer. The again some MIL's just want to be a pain in the ass to the DIL no matter what when DH isn't around to hear it. Maybe someday just say, "Excuse me, I didn't hear you, what did you say?" and then maybe you could have a polite answer for her. One that won 't get you in trouble or get back to S/O & cause any problems though. My MIL said right after I got married, "I'll be up with the white gloves to go over the tops of the doors when I visit." I let it go over my head, my house was clean enough for my S/O & I didn't even think about the damn doors again. Now my DIL is #1 slob of the year & I've NEVER said one word to her or my son. I feel this way: They have to live there, I don't, if he doesn't mind it why should I. It's not dirty, but way sloppier than I was or he's was ever use to, but NOT MY PROBLEM.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I try to ignore it when my MIL makes little offhand comments like that. It's easier to keep the peace than it is to fight it out. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think she is Raymond's mother.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• MIL's always like to make comments to their sons wives when their sons are not around. They know they can get away with it. But, I think that wasn't her call. You are her mother and you tell your daughter what do in your home. Don't worry about what she says, it is what you say that matters. Just don't let her get to you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:15 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Mine use to do stuff like that until I started speaking up now she knows her place & keeps her mouth shut about my kids & home!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2011