My son is 3, and yes i know he is three and he is going through horrible 3s and i may expect more from him, but i don't want him to be knowen as the bratty kid or the kid who gets in trouble at schools or worse when he is older and getting arrested.
the last week and since he was able to move he has always been a tester. The peds don't think he will never grow out of it and will always be a tester. But here is some of the things i have gone through and going through with him and the techniques i have tried and nothing seems to work.
1) He used to people's house and try testing them like they would tell him no and he would still do it and look at u and do it and then run away
2) He used to kick, bite, hit, and throw temper tantrums, but we stopped some of it, and now he is three and is back to doing it
3) he always says thank u when he gets something, today at his party he didn't and even people came up to me and said wow he is sassy and disrespectful
4) He loves his baby brother so much, but today he was caught pushing up on the bouncer chair and his brothers head was going all over
5) he runs away from me in stores, in parking lots
I have tried time outs in 3 different ways. one way it used to be he would go sit in the corner of the living room but we stopped that because he would still get up and watch TV. Then i tried it in the kitchen but he still would get up. Now we put him on the naughty step and put a gate above him so he can't get up in his room, and we shut the door to the main floor so he can't see anyone. I have tried talking to him and telling him what i expect, it was working but all of a sudden it stopped.
Yes i know he had a major change and that was his brother. But i prepared him for it, we read books, we constantly told him there was a baby in my tummy and he would come out soon, we showed him his baby pics and told him that there will be one in the house, we let him help with his brother. My son gets more attention from me than his baby brother. The only good time i get with my baby is when my son is in bed yet or in nap. Otherwise i don't get any time with the baby.
what am i doing wrong, or do i just not know how to parent. I tried super nanny tricks and those don't work, I so want supernanny come in my house.
Any tips on how to punish him, or even disapline him, i am so scared he will get into lots of trouble when he is older if i can't stop the attitude and behavior he has now.
Answer by Rosehawk at 11:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011
Answer by tootoobusy at 11:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011
Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:01 AM on Mar. 6, 2011
Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2011
Answer by purplerobin at 4:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011
Answer by Patientchild3 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011