Weirdest thing just happened... I'm so embarassed. Major TMI! *Updates adult content

First of all, I've had some on and off bleeding for a few days now - I'm not supposed to get my period for another week. I'm on the pill, so I've come to expect it only when I'm supposed to. The spotting I've been having isn't the regular color that spotting usually is - it's so dark, and sometimes almost looks black. I haven't been too worried, because I was off the pill for awhile and just recently went back on - I figure my body's just not used to it. The color throws me off a little, but I'm still not that worried about it.
But the weirdest thing just happened.
So I just had a nice little bubble bath, got out to try myself off... just normal stuff. As I was drying off and walking over to my clothes, I felt something that I'm sure we've all felt before - like I had my period and was about to start bleeding. Before I could do anything, a couple drops of blood fell to the floor. I shuffled over to the cupboard to grab a tampon, quickly put it in, and I figured all was well. I stood there for a couple more seconds, and then it got even stranger: I peed on the floor a little. Just a little dribble, but that's effing weird. I've NEVER been the type to let a little dribble go... even under the worst of circumstances. I've ALWAYS been able to hold it in. I didn't even have to pee! It just came out!
So I quickly sat down on the toilet so I could wipe up, and as I sat there... WOOSH! More urine, mixed with flakes of blood, like it had been dried out and flushed out by the urine. I didn't even feel more coming... it just came.
So of course now I'm really freaked out, and I'm afraid I'm going to be up all night, worried that I'm going to wet the bed or something!
Does anyone have any clue what's going on with me?!

Okay, I have some updates now, based on what's been happening in the last little while and on other answer.

No, I wasn't pregnant. I lost a baby in January and have been VERY careful since. Condoms AND the pill.

I've also been... leaking since I originally posted the question. My underwear isn't wet... but there is moisture down there. This is crazy...

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Health

• The dark blood is something I would be more concerned about, Was there any chance that you might have been pregnant? I had some very similar symptons when I missed carried my twins. I was only 10 weeks pregnant( fetus's was 71/2 weeks) when I started spotting very dark blood ( almost black). I was at work when it had all started and I had asked to go home. By the time I had go home I had blood everywhere ( again black). On my way into the house to call the DR. it was almost like my water had broke. went straight to the hospital where they had to do a DNC. You should be calling a Dr. idf there is any chance of hemorrhaging.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No idea, but good luck. does your insurance have a 24 hour ask a nurse program?
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 11:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Maybe you have a UTI ? Give your Dr a call on Monday to have a urine test done.In the meantime drink lots of water and cranberry juice.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yeah I was going to say UTI as well...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Sounds like a bladder infection or urinary tract infection.

When you were done peeing did it feel like you still had to pee? Did it burn or sting at all when it came out?

Drink water and cranberry juice like PP said. Wear a pad to bed if you're worried about accidents, or sleep on an old towel just in case.
    If it doesn't get any worse then call your doctor on Monday.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• were u pregnant?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• *it'd be best
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:00 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• You may want to call a nurse line, or your doctor's on-call line (if they have one). Otherwise, wait it out till Monday and call then. That's odd..and I think it's be best to seek medical attention ASAP, just in case.
    -AJ

• I was thinking a UTI as well...or maybe something more advanced up that tract...bladder..kidney. Otherwise, it sounds like something putting pressure on your bladder.

I don't know what else to say but to talk to a doctor! I mean, no offense at all here, shit happens, but you are young and you can't go around peeing on yourself!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:00 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No burning or stinging at all after. Just a woosh and then done. So weird...
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2011