When?

When should I be concerned that something could be wrong? Last month i never started my period and the month before i only had maybe an hr the most 2 hours worth of a cycle. I have tested both months for pregnancy but all have been negative. I go to health dept next month for a paps again. Should I be concerned now though? I am on Norinyl 1+35 birthcontrol pill. The 1+35 has something to do with estrigen levels. I don't know what to do right now :/

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How long have you been on the pill? If you haven't been on it long, your body might still be getting used to it. If you've been on it a long time, your body might be getting used to part of it and reacting differently. Either way, talk to your doctor and consider trying a different birth control pill.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Any kind of BC can affect your cycle. I had my tubes tied after my son was born, and man my cycle was screwed up for the longest time. Even now, after almost 10 years, sometimes it comes early or late, sometimes it's really heavy flow and lasts for 9 days, sometimes it lasts for only 5. Either way, on about day four, it just goes away. This has become the regular, but at first it freaked me out. And the side effects from BC are different with each woman. Some side effects won't even be listed on the label! How long has it been since you started taking BC? You know it takes awhile for your body to get used to the different hormone levels. Sometimes it can take months. You may end up not having a period ever, at all. And that makes it really hard to track the time when you ovulate...so condoms are still a good backup just in case! Good luck to you and don't worry too much girl! It'll be all right!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 1:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2011