Daughter swearing

My daughters on the basketball team and she said the s word after she missed a free throw in a close playoff game. As a punishment i wont give her allowance this week. Shes 16 and she thought it was dumb punishment cause it wasnt directed at someone and she said she was stressed from the game

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• really??? she swore. big deal. she's probably been doing it for years. as are all kids. they're just words. she still gets an allowance at 16??? she should have a job. she's not a little kid so stop treating her like one. oh and by the way you mean she said "SHIT"
    Anonymous

• for a lady or anyone for that mater to swear just show lack of intelligence and respect for others and for proper words.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 11:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• That is a Little Off the Wall to Punish your 16 year old for saying " Shit " Do you honestly think that is the first time she has Cussed? you really need to Pick your Battles & this should Not be one of them- She is playing Sports & not out there getting into trouble- you are going to Push her Away with Punishing her for something Tiny like this- She will Never open up to you when something Major Happens- i would tell her after thinking about it; you Overreacted.............

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You might want to encourage her to use another word...but I don't think its that big of a deal.

metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:16 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• ground her, take away her privileges till she learns to speak like a normal person
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• When will we hold our children to higher standards than the less than appropriate ones that most of society decides for our families?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Seriously? she is stressed and missed a throw in a playoff game and you are gonna punish her for saying sh*t?
    AND she is 16?!?!!

Um...wow

personally I let my kids swear- as long as they are not trying to hurt someone with their words - by name calling or putting someone down or wahtever I don't have too much of a problem with it.

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I am wondering what the coach thought of this. Did she say it loud enough for the entire crowd to hear her or was it mumbled under her breath?
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• that is extreme! I think you need to loosen up.

IF it was that bad the refs would have called her on it. I have seen yellow cards given in soccer for foul language.

If this is the only time you have heard her swear your doing a fine job and she is a good girl... but you need to lighten up.
    Anonymous

• well swearing to me with sports to me is normal. are you tel me that when she misses you are not in the stands saying got damnt. Because you know that when she misses Shell be upset at herslf for missing. But then on the other hand you absoulty do not tolerste profanity than none should be allowed.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2011