Do you wait....

Do you wait till you feel the want to have another baby? and get pregnant ? or do you consult your husband first? Just a curious answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My husband and I kind of agreed with each other when it was time.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• How could you not talk to your husband/so first? That doesn't seem fair.
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 11:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Don't assume that its about me. Its not I want to know if I am the only one who consults my husband. I have a friend who is newly married and knows the man he married doesn't want children.She agreed but now has decided she want a child... so she is going to go off her BC to get pregnant behind her back. ANSWER honestly.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Chill out, I'm not assuming it's YOU, I meant you indirectly like "how could ONE not talk to hubby first". I'm sorry but it is wrong to just get pregnant behind someone's back, this is some innocent life we're talking about here. If she wants to bring a child into the world that's great but don't do it with someone who doesn't want one. What if her husband resents her for it for the rest of her life or worse resents the kid? Did she consider that? If she feels this way now, she should talk to her husband they're supposed to be in it through thick and thin right? Once she decides to bring a baby into the world it's not about her or hubby anymore it's about the child.
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 11:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I tell my husband all the time that I want another baby but we know its just not a good time right now. I wouldn't want to attempt to get pregnant without him being 100% on board. Plus, since our first son wasn't planned, I think its really romantic to actually TRY to get pregnant and like, acknowledge that the reason you're making love is to get pregnant.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Thats what I say. I am on the fence whether to say something to her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I know its not my spot and she has confided in me.. I just feel like its WRONG and wanted to know how many people thing that its okay... so I know that I am not overreacting!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would definitely talk with my LP before making him a parent without his consent. If she knew going in that the man didn't want children, it is highly awful of her to get sneaky about it. I know that people change their minds but it still needs to be a mutual decision.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I think its important that she either divorce him and full fill her dream with someone who wants a child. . or talk to him first.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I personally didn't plan any of my children, they just came, Lol. When I decide to have another child, I do think I would want to talk to my husband about it first so we could both be prepared for the pregnancy when it happens. I wouldn't try and put in extra work to get pregnant because I've heard the stress of trying to get pregant on purpose can make it harder. I feel the want to have another child sometimes because my youngest is not a infant anymore. My most serious advice to you would just be to remember the want for a "baby" can come often, but every "baby" will grow up into a child you will need to care for their whole life. Only have another baby if you want another child, teenager, and adult to share your life with. This important of a life chice your husband should have an opinion in; however, it is your body. I wish you the best with your decision :)
    nashia

Answer by nashia at 12:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2011