How do I get my 2 year old to calm down and listen!!!!

My son is 2 and will not listen to anyone in the world you can spank him put him in time out take all his toys everything! Yet he still tells everyone no and Is really really mean! He doesn't like playing with kids much he likes to be alone. What can I do HELP!!!!

mommy-em

Asked by mommy-em at 11:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had this problem with my son who is also 2. I had to learn to be very sturn and follow through with anything I said such as if you don't stop what your doing you will be standing in the corner. i used to just use the words not follow through and he realized this very quickly so since then I have followed through each and everytime. Its hard but we have to show them who is the boss
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You just made me think of my son hes 2.5 we dont realy push anything he doesnt play with any kids but one so i dont take him around others and the not listing thing i just kinda trick him in to listing and he likes to be alone but not all the time so we just let him play alone and hes also mean but to use thats just being a boy so i guess my advice is mayb change things so hes happier with whats going on.
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 1:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I think it's a phase that he'll most likely grow out of. At two years old, they are just learning their communication skills so they sometimes lash out with violence or with misbehaving because they don't know how to accurately tell you how they feel.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2011