Think before you type :)

I used to love getting on aswers but now I don't enjoy it too much. It seems like everytime I get on here women are complaining about other peoples posts. I know that's pretty much what I am doing now too, but I just wanted to point out that we are supposed to be here to support one another not put others down. I wish everyone would be a little more considerate and kinder. If you don't like someone's question simply don't answer, don't be rude or unkind. It really bothers me to see someone ask a question and someone else be mean to them. Not everyone thinks alike and we learned in Kindergarten that no question is a dumb question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I also think ppl answer anon so that they can be uglier with their answers. There are "questions" out there that I think WTF or are you serious, or what have you, but I don't respond. I just shake my head and go to the next. Some people can be just plain mean and ugly on here. Especially on those questions that if they are real / sincere questions, then those ladies really need help, and people are being asses to them.

Oh well, hopefully I'm not one of those ppl that are mean, but like i said before, your tone may not come across the way you mean it to be in type.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 12:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I totally agree with you -- I find myself not participating at times just because whatever I was about to say may be perceived as too much one way or the other with some other moms.
    The only STUPID QUESTION is one un-asked!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I'd comment but someone would take it the wrong way. LOL

just playing! I agree with you. AND sometimes when a person does answer a posting and they don't mean it negatively, more of a light hearted jokingly manner, it doesn't come across that way in type, and people get mad.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 12:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I think the worst part about this section is the people who can't have a discussion within the question...they just start to get belligerent and send you nasty inbox messages because they don't want everyone to see what douchebags they are!
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I agree with you!! No one piece of advice will work for each family or situation. There is nothing wrong with disagreement, if it can be done respectfully.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I noticed a pattern here as well, people will pick out someone's answer they don't like and beat them down when they defend their opinion. I saw a post where this lady got totally drilled into the ground and then some just because she didn't like Dora because she wants to teach her kids English first. She even got called a racist. It amazes me that the ones who are calling someone mean are worse than the offender. Why is it their job to tell them what to post?? If it's that bad, report it. Let CM decide. It's their site.

It's okay to discuss things intelligently, whether you are the poster of the question, or the answerer, but lately it just seems like this mob mentality! Lets all vote her down and call her stupid and worthless! She's a troll because she has an opinion. Are we really THAT threatened by unpopular beliefs? Yeah, all that beat down will really make us receptive.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:25 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I even had a nasty little girl comment lying, on a public thread for points that I messaged her to get her to stop posting against me. I actually messaged her to ask her in PRIVATE like a decent human being what her beef was. And that I felt she wasn't being very fair. My beef was with her, not the entire thread. So she posts it in the mess.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:28 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I agree. The levels of complaining and harassment around here are getting worse by the day. It really makes this place a downer at times.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I joined this group hoping to find other mom's who I might relate with,

Like many of you have mentioned, there are some posts that I simply shake my head at and don't "get", but rather than lash out and/or post something disrespectful and/or hurtful, I just move on to something else

What I found tonight, SHOCKED ME!! I have only asked one or two questions since joining, one of which was regarding my husband, who I discovered has been cheating for nearly half our marriage.  I KNOW he is the one I should really be mad at, but I'm mad at the "other woman" too, as I've met her, she knows he's married, and I wanted to ask y'all if I should confront her. One of the replies I got told me to "just kill yourself and make everyone happy" WTF??? Who SAYS that? Serious or not, that's just sick!

5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 1:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I can't believe people actually go that far..whether it was a fake mom or a real mom, that shit isn't cool. I'm sorry, 5150. I promise, we aren't all like that.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:03 AM on Mar. 6, 2011