Need some opinions

My SO got a new job working really late, like until 2 in the morning. When he first started he was working mornings, now he works some mornings some evenings, but recently he started working really late only on weekends. I have a weird feeling about it, which I don't ususally get unless something is up. When he works days he will usually txt and call me, but on the weekends at night he won't answer any txts. And it seems he keeps having to work later and later. We have a truck that sucks gas and a car, he always wants to take my car to work but I like having it home incase I want to go somethere. I tell him I can drop him off at work and pick him up to save gas but he gets really angry and says he doesn't want me to pick him up. Something seems off. Maybe I'm over worrying?

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I tend to say go with your gut. Your know him and if something doesn't seem right, it probably isn't. Trust your instinct, especially if he has already given you reason to not fully trust him.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I'm paranoid and i would think something is going on.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 12:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If u feel like something is up u maybe right. U know how us women can tell when things arent right. Start looking in his phone while hes asleep check emails u can usually find something cause men arent smart like we are. If my SO stared doing that I would think he was seeing someone..Of course u cant ask him cause he wont tell u, dnt say anything untill u have proof i knw it will be hard but make sure hes not catching on. Good luck and i jus hope we both are wrong and ur SO is really at work
    spanisheyes552

Answer by spanisheyes552 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• That's a tough one. Is there a way that a friend could take you to see if his car is at work? Have you tried telling him that you're worried something is going on? I'd try to talk to him about it first.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 1:05 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I just went through nearly 4 years of having that "gut feeling", but never had proof, until recently. He cheated for almost half our marriage and we are now divorcing. Not saying that's what's going on with your husband, but listen to your gut. We women have instincts for a reason. I don't care how much it cost me in gas, I'd take the truck to his workplace and see if your car is there. You need to find out one way or another or it will eat you alive. Good luck!

5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 1:27 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have tried telling him that It seems odd to me and I'm not really comfortable with it but he doesn't really seem to put a lot of thought into my opinion.
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• first off trust yourself. your probly right. he probly is at work but might be texting someone else. I did everything for my guy. being pregnant, working, geting up to make his breakfast, making lunch for work, making his coffee, making dinner cleaning, rubbing his feet, his back. i spoiled him and while he was at work all he did was talk to other females. telling them to meet him for lunch and what not. Check his pockets. do it when hes in a deep sleep. all i did to find all this out was read a text since he has said he was texting my guy cuzin.
    minki111

Answer by minki111 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

minki111

• Well, something odd happened the other night. I was talking to his brother about an argument we had a while back and told him I found out he was talking to this one girl after I had left instead of trying to fix our problem at the time (I read the txts and they weren't anything really bad, she lives far away and it was a "hey, how are you?" kind of thing) And his brother was like "oh, you mean the time you were visiting so & s." And it wasn't that time. Then he seemed to realize he had said the wrong thing and kind of played it off, and I didn't question bc I didn't think he would tell the truth and get him in trouble, I think he just accidentally slipped.
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would talk to him if he doesn't give u a good answer I would investigate.
    becky0829

Answer by becky0829 at 1:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2011